Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Something I felt like sharing...


A date  with life....

There I was cooking Maggi in the kitchen…. When she called….Sana..it was…

Sana: “ Kahan ho!!!! Ok Jahan bhi ho….meet me at the beach in 10 mins”….and then it went off..

K: Glad to see that I am so much in control of my life….

I went in the room…. hired the new T – shirt of my roomie.. without his consent…oblivious of the thrashing I would get….. dry cleaned myself to a satisfactory level…. Rode my bike and reached the beach….

There she was… standing … with a setting sun in the background… wearing a beautiful cream dress…..a slight smile on her face…. her hair curls being disturbed by the slight breeze blowing….her graceful eyes shining….. “Bade punctual Ho!!...nice…”

** Nice start to the evening ….I thought…

Sana:” I m leaving for Chandigarh tomorrow for a week… so thought of meeting you before I go”

We started walking beside the sea…

Sana: “ I wanna have Baraf ka gola….”and before I could utter a feeble Yes or No there she was at the stall…” Bhaiya ek kala khatta bana na”.

**( There was something charismatic about her that was captivating me ….her decent looks….her mellifluous voice… her hazel eyes…..were good….. infact reallllllly good… but there was a sense of cheerfulness in her demeanor that was urging me closer to her.)

Sana: “ Tum kaunse wala loge?”

K: “ Bhaiya ek meetha laal banado”

Sana:” Nahi nahi..Pagal Ho kya..Kala khatta hi banado….I will share with u..if u dnt like it..”

** we took our golas and were walking by the boundary …. Sea water trying to catch up with us…

Sana:” Let’s make sand castle.. Tumhe aata hai na bana na?....tum to engineer hona….”

**As if all engineers are same- Civil, Mechanical, Electronics…….”…I thought…. “ haan haan bana deta hoon”

**As if being asked by an enigmatic supernatural power the task which Shah Jahan did for his Mumtaz…. I started with my own castle. Under the supervision of what could be my friend…or prospective girl friend….. or future mumtaz J I worked meticulously….careful of sea water that might roleplay Tsunami and do a whitewash….

Though what I made was far from the original Taj …. but quite a replica of the ruined Mohenjodaro civilization model……..

K:” I am done with it….” And looked at her..

Sana: ** she gave a disgusted look as if she has been forcefully asked to listen to Himesh Reshammiya singing “ Aap Ka Suroor” in his typical nasal voice..

K:” What?”

Sana:” You are worthless…”

** I was sad on being placed at such an exalted position….

“ Lets repair it…” and she sat beside me—taking my hands in hers. My heart skipped beating for a second…goosebumps rising on my arms…a knot tied in my throat….. speechless… ..I was.

.She started revamping my riyasat…. When a small Ronaldinho Sardar kid bombarded my palace..with a soccer ball.

----“Goal” he shouted…

Before I could react..I saw Sana hugging and cuddling the kid .” Aawww.. u r so cute ”

“What is your name?”

Envious…. Burnt to the bottom of the heart( similar to bhartha) I stood there stranded in the remains of my castle…..dejected..

Some mystic force ..playing the number…” Chhan se jo toote koi sapna…jag soona soona lage re”

K: “Let’s go”

And she parted away from my nemesis not before giving him a million dollar kiss on his cheeks…… Damn!!!

With sun almost being swallowed by the vast sea…….I feared the dreaded inevitable

” Ab Mujhe Chalna Chahiye” would be coming soon….

I walked with her…hoping for the last chance…..

I was quiet as I have been the whole evening …We reached a spot that was fairly secluded…Perfect…

I did the last analysis of what could be the repercussions of the 3 stupid words I was about to utter..

Case 1: “Yes !!! me too…. Itna time lagta hai kya bolne mein….” Probablity: .001

Case 2: “No… a plain brute no with a spear puncturing my heart” Probablity: .124

Case 3: “No.i always thought we were only friends” **. a sweet poison for me

Probablity: .250

Case 4: “ Thappad!!!!.... Bade badtameez ho tum!!!!!” Probablity: .625

Grand total of my whole life depending statement= 1.000

And then she spoke… her voice sounding like sweet elixir…. Her one hand running through my hair from back…..and other barricading my lips…(as if she doesn’t want me to interrupt the scene at this crucial juncture..)… coming closer to me..she whispered in my ears….

Sana: “ I think I like you…or rather I should say I ____ You”

Bang!!!!

*** and then it rang!!!

My good for nothing cell phone ringing its good for nothing ringtone...with my Sis calling –on what could have been the best Sunday morning of my life…. Saying

“ Abhi tak so raha hai Idiot !!!!”

PS: Comments invited….might help in the upbringing of this amateur blogger…

8 comments:

Timeless Reflections said...

A dream..of..precious & ephemeral moments...

Girish Bhave said...

Jada sapne mat dekha kar...................

ankur said...

Dude!..dream mei bhi itni der laga di :-)!..
cmon nw,get ovr it!..keep blogging \m/ kudos!

Unknown said...

sahi hai yaar.... chalo hope ki jaldi se sapna sach ho jaaye... :)

rana astik singh said...

fantabulous............A romantic dream.....

Vanita Garg said...

"Life is an unending search for love,acceptance and a promising future.
Sitting amid four walls of this office,your words have provided wings to this little heart's imagination.
Its reminicent of the Dahanu Days,the bhutta days gone by...
Keep Dreaming" :)

Kanica Rana said...

In terms of language and writing it is really a well written piece. I felt as if i was reading a playwright.

Chhatraveer said...

I know you were expecting Sana to plant a sweet kiss and hug you forever. DAMN you! (addressed to your good for nothing cell).

I am still cherishing the visual projection that your sweet blog post paused me with.Thanks for the leeway to pen the ending the way I want to. I hope to play it soon, mostly in my (I felt it was my own experience) favour... :)

Keep Blogging...!

Post a Comment